HX3 drawbar controller CC mapping

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

mobil
HX3 drawbar controller CC mapping

Beitrag von mobil »

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm thinking in getting the new HX3 drawbar controller, but I wonder if it's possible to change the CC mapping, (the info so far only says something about NI B4 CC ) I'd like to use it to control a Nord Stage also,

Thanks a lot!!!
happyfreddy
Re: HX3 drawbar controller CC mapping

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

The new Drawbarcontroller is ONLY specially made in combination with the HX 3 expander.
Therfore he uses a CC Set which HX3 expander understands.
So it´s not needed to implement a possibility of changing a CC set in the Drawbarcontroller
mobil

Beitrag von mobil »

That's bad news, I guess you could sell a lot more if it was possible to customize the CC mapping,
happyfreddy

Why in the world bad news ????
What do You mean with Your words :
..... could sell a little more if it is possible .... ????

With this drawbar controller You only have to plug in any Midi Key and You never ever
will have any problems in combination with HX 3 expander - just time before - with
any keyboard and its implanted CC Set.
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

happyfreddy, you misunderstood the question from mobil. He is thinking about using the drawbar controller to control his Nord Stage and wonder if the new unit is programable so he could make his own CC-set to adapt to the Nord. Therese is a tiny market for such a unit ref the Ocean Beach DB1 which only have drawbars.
happyfreddy

@valpurgis
I fully understand the question of @mobil
He is perhaps only searching a cheap CC Controller for his Nord - perhaps a Nord model without real drawbars
Did Nord offer such a controller ? As I know not. They want to buy the new model with real drawbars
Did any other company can deliver such thing special for Nord ? good question but I suppose not.

So why should always a new product of keyboardpartner MUST be modified to fullfill any wishes with
" non - Hoax - products " ?

We have had problems with some Keys and their MIDI configuration to drive the HX 3 expander.
Some special things are meanwhile possible others we can´t do.
So the first idea behind the new product is to have a component which makes it possible to use
any MIDI Keyboard in combination wether there is buildt in a CC Set or not.
The new controller only expects MIDI Data from the keys.
This data is merged with the Controller Data to drive the HX 3 Expander in proper way.

The Drawbar controller so is named HX 3 drawbar controller and not " Universal Controller "

And what about always the same formulation :
When You make this and that possible ... than You can SELL MORE
Think it over what´s the truth behind this sentence ........
drawbar12

Beitrag von drawbar12 »

There might be sone language barrier here also, but obviously the thought behind HX3 drawbar controller was not to make 3rd party products better, but to make HX3 control better with 3rd party products.
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

@happyfreddy: I suppose this is a user forum and that questions about the products should be welcomed. If you check any other similar forums (Nord, Korg, Roland, Yamaha) you will find that they are full of suggestions, wishes for updates and descriptions of faults/failures. Even if obviously may be annoying I think most manufacturers also find it fruitfull that customers show interest. I do not hope you represent the official view of Keyboardpartner.
Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

Hello Valpurgis,

we do welcome user questions. That's for sure. We do welcome criticism, since that helps us eliminating flaws and improving the products. We do welcome any sort of suggestion, wishes, and challenge. I think Carsten has frequently proven how he loves fulfilling user's wishes. So please do not hesitate to ask, to comment, to criticize, or to demand. Also let everybody offer his own opinion, please, including happyfreddy or myself.

In the matter of the Drawbar Controller I would like to make clear that the device is suitable for any sound engine that reads NI CCs, not only for the HX3.

Christian
KeyboardPartner
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

Thank you Christian, I am glad to read your statements which corresponds with my experience with Keyboardpartner, ref the implementation of the sustain/hold function in 3.85 preliminary version. I see very clearly that you put a lot of effort in updating the features and refining the sound. Also think that the comments and proposals from the users of this forum is coming from enthusiasts that really love the HX3.
Antworten