Firmware #3.822 [Update]

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

bovist
Site Admin
Firmware #3.822 [Update]

Beitrag von bovist »

Es gab in letzter Zeit immer wieder Probleme bei Anwendern, die ihre HX3-Orgel auch als Tastatur für andere MIDI-Geräte (zum Beispiel Begleitautomaten) verwenden. Bislang sendete HX3 eigene MIDI-CCs (Zugriegel- und Poti-Daten) immer nach NI B4 Belegung (unabhängig vom eingestellten MIDI-CC-Set), was an MIDI OUT angeschlossene MIDI-Geräte verwirren kann. Doch wer will auch schon mit seiner HX3-Orgel eine NI-B4-Emulation steuern?

Ab Firmware 3.82 sendet HX3 in MIDI-Option-Stellung 3 (RcvSndMgNoCC) nur noch Tastendaten, aber keine eigenen Controller-Daten mehr (und ignoriert eingehende CCs wie bisher) . Diese Einstellung ist nun default bei den Firmware-Versionen außer beim Expander (hier müssen CCs natürlich angenommen werden). Siehe auch http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... mons_Group

Ab FW 3.822 sendet HX3 neben Zugriegel- und Button-Daten auch die Leslie-Fußschalter-Messages auf

MIDI-CC 1 = Slow/Fast
MIDI-CC 68 ($44 hex) = Stop/Run

entsprechend NI B4-Belegung (sofern als MIDI-Option "ReceiveSend" oder "RcvSendMerg" eingestellt ist).

Weitere kleine Bugfixes:

Pedal-DB-MIDI CC Bug bei verschiedenen MIDI-CC-Sets behoben, weitere Controller zum Hamichord/Mojo-Set hinzugefügt, fehlerhafte AudioJ Conf A/B-Displayanzeige nach Änderung behoben.

Firmware 3.822 wird zum 10.07.2015 freigegeben. Bitte auch FPGA updaten.

From firmware 3.82 and up, HX3 will not send own MIDI CCs on MIDI OUT when MIDI Option = 3 (RcvSndMgNoCC). MIDI Option = 3 is now default on all firmwares except HX3 Expander (which has to accept MIDI CCs). Note: If send/receive of MIDI CCs is enabled (Option = 1 or 2), HX3 will transmit its own CCs (drawbars etc.) always according to NI B4 set, independent from selected MIDI CC interpreter.

This change has been made since the MIDI CCs HX3 sends out may disturb connected MIDI workstations/arrangers. Also, who wants to control a NI B4 emulation with HX3?

See http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... mons_Group for details.

Other bugfixes/changes: Pedal drawbar bug on Hammond XK3 and other MIDI CC sets fixed, some controllers added to Mojo/Hamichord set. Erraneous display/saving of AudioJ Conf A/B fixed.

Firmware 3.822 will be released on July 10th, 2015. Please update FPGA also.
moser
Site Admin

Re: Firmware #3.82 geändertes MIDI-Routing / MIDI routing mods

Beitrag von moser »

Hallo,

Welches Update soll ich aufspielen? 3.82 . 3.812. oder 3.81?

Mein Stand ist 3.807
HX-3 Expander, mk 3

Gruß
Wolfgang
m_g
Re: Firmware #3.82 geändertes MIDI-Routing / MIDI routing mods

Beitrag von m_g »

Hi Wolfgang,

für den Expander die 3.812

Gruss
Markus
PortlandMike
Re: Firmware #3.822 [Update]

Beitrag von PortlandMike »

3.82 /29062015 work well on my expander- I truly have no more complaints with the HX3, great work!

The clipping on "recapped" and "1972" is gone, and the MIDI drawbars respond in a linear way. Excellent sound, all is well!
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

I did the update to FW3822/FPGA 05072015 this morning. FW updated no problem. FPGA gave an error ("Xmodem out of sync") and I had to do an AV repair procedure. A couple of attempts later the FPGA updated ok.

Main issue is still the XK-3 midi set not recognising the bass-pedal drawbar controls correctly. However, I noticed that the dates on the Scan Cores are the same as FW3820. Is this correct? Has anyone else with an XK-3 done the update yet? Are the pedals working correctly? (Just need to know that the problem isn't with my XK-3)

Everything else is working perfectly and the sound is great!

Paul
RamonCliment

Beitrag von RamonCliment »

Hi Paul !
I updated to FW3822/FPGA 05072015 this morning as well
Have also a XK3 system U&L manual + Pedal for midi control
After updating FPGA same error ("Xmodem out of sync") but programm did continue to further procedure. No problems with it.
Have the same issue with the XK-3 midi set (still not recognising the bass-pedal drawbar controls correctly) and also lose the pedaldrawbar settings by Live (0) on the HX3 when changing presets on the LM from XK3, otherwise responding correctly linear to the other drawbars in both manuals.

No complains with the rest ! great engine.

Regards,
Ramon.
Thomas55

Beitrag von Thomas55 »

Habe gerade den Update 3.822 bei meinem HX3-Expander MKII
gemacht. Grundsätzlich funktionierte das gut.
Ich habe eine SK2.
Folgendes Verhalten habe ich festgestellt, das bei Version 3.72 nicht war.
Wenn ich die Drawbars an der SK2 bearbeite, ändert sich der Sound in Echtzeit,
aber nicht die Anzeige im HX3 Display. Menüpunkt: Drawbars-Zahlen für Upper und
Lower manual und Basspedal.
Ich muss z. B. am HX3 Expander auf den nächsten Menüpunkt nach oben oder unten gehen und dann wieder zurück zu der Drawbars-Einstellung.
Dann wird der richtige Wert angezeigt.
Hätte ich beim Update etwas machen müssen oder ist dies ein Bug?

Bitte um Info.

Gruss Thomas55
Thomas55

Beitrag von Thomas55 »

Hallo meine Herren,

habe den HX3 Expander nach dem Update vom Netzteil entfernt und
wieder dran gepackt. Jetzt ist es wieder wie bei Version 3.72.
Das Display springt kurz zu dem Drawbar, das verändert wurde und wieder zurück.
Also alles Bestens.
TOP.

Gruss Thomas55
alquinn

Beitrag von alquinn »

I tried to update my HX3 Expander Module so that it would respond to the drawbars on my Nord Electro 4D in a linear way.

First I downloaded the latest data from github. Then I tried to update the FPGA using HX3 remote but it failed. I tried again and it failed again. Including automatic retries I think there were a total of 10 tries. I ended up with an FPGA FAULT message on the HX3 Expander display. I received a message in HX3 remote to do an avr repair. I downloaded the avr repair data. The readme file says "Insert CONF_DIS jumper JP5 and RESET jumper on PL1 position "R"." I looked but could not find a jumper with this label. I need help. Don't know what to do next.

Someone please help me.

Thanks,
Al
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

I just had to do this a few days ago. There is an open connector block of 5 double pins near the front of the board (i.e. just behind the display panel) and 'R' is the middle 2-pin position. The JP5 is a single 2-pin open connector a couple of centimetres before (in front of) the 'R' connector. It was hard to see the markings the first time but I used a magnifying glass and sure enough they do exist! The AV repair instructions are correct and you do have to pull off the 'R' jumper as you press 'enter/return'.

After the AV repair I did the update again and it went fine. Good luck.

Paul

ps the pins are open so do you have any jumpers? I didn't originally but used jumpers from an old hard disk.
Antworten