HX3 with nord c2d?

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Flmc59
HX3 with nord c2d?

Beitrag von Flmc59 »

Has anyone tried this combination?
I am thinking of getting a HX3 for my Hammond XB3. If i like it I may use it for my Nord as well.
Lophiomys
Site Admin

Re: HX3 with nord c2d?

Beitrag von Lophiomys »

No I have not tried that, but I would like to see a C2D with the HX3 board integrated,
so you could have the brilliant CloneWheel of the HX3 together with the other organ sounds of the C2D and its knobby interface.
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

I suspect that you will have some problems with the midi-implementation on the C2D. The drawbars on the lower and bass pedals use the same CC's as the upper manual, they are channel-associated (associated with midi channel 1,2 and 3 respectively). Plan to test the Expander with my C2 and are prepared to use a Midi Solutions Event processor to remap the lower and bass pedal drawbars to midi channel 1. Or anyone have some other ideas to fix this?
I also have a Nord Stage and a Korg CX3 which I plan to use together with the HX3 Expander and this means that it is a limitation that the HX3 only has 1 configurable midi CC's setup in addition to the 4 fixed setups.
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi,
Only possibiliy with C2D will be to integrate a HX 3 board with separate drawbar section , Panel 16 ( for handling ), Vibtrato knob
and instead of complete MIDI IN CC set use only keyboard MIDI informations on channel 1 = upper , 2 = lower and 3= pedal.
The HX 3 board must be configured for this way as normal Organ Module and instead of any Scanboard core use MIDI IN.
That will work

For Korg CX keyboards there is the problem of the used SM 304 IC´s. There is no way to connect any scanboard to this IC´s in parallel even any connetion to the seriell Output of these IC´s.
If You can get some special MIDI Kit for this keyboard perhaps it will work.
Remember : these SM 304 are not produced any longer and to buy some if needed very expensive
m_g

Beitrag von m_g »

Valpurgis hat geschrieben:I suspect that you will have some problems with the midi-implementation on the C2D. The drawbars on the lower and bass pedals use the same CC's as the upper manual, they are channel-associated (associated with midi channel 1,2 and 3 respectively). Plan to test the Expander with my C2 and are prepared to use a Midi Solutions Event processor to remap the lower and bass pedal drawbars to midi channel 1. Or anyone have some other ideas to fix this?
I also have a Nord Stage and a Korg CX3 which I plan to use together with the HX3 Expander and this means that it is a limitation that the HX3 only has 1 configurable midi CC's setup in addition to the 4 fixed setups.
Why do you want to map the lower and bass pedals to channel 1 ?

The HX3-Expander recieves Midi on Channel 1 for Upper Manual, Channel 2 for Lower Manual and Channel 3 for Pedals !
AFAIK the default Custom CC-set is set up for the Nord C2 !
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

m_g hat geschrieben: Why do you want to map the lower and bass pedals to channel 1 ?

The HX3-Expander recieves Midi on Channel 1 for Upper Manual, Channel 2 for Lower Manual and Channel 3 for Pedals !
Please check my post again, I will remap the drawbars from channel 2 and 3 since I think the Expander expects to receive all CC's on channel1. Of course I will not remap note information from channels 2 and 3.
happyfreddy

Hi
I´ll think each producer of any keyboard knows what it is "like standard" of any CC Set.
When he decides to build an own one never compatible to any others he can do this - no question.
But customers will always look what´s compatible with other equipment buyed before.
Valpurgis

Beitrag von Valpurgis »

There is definitely no "standard" for mapping B3 functions to midi. Therefor the HX3 expander have 5 premade sets for different controllers and 1 custom midi cc-set configurable via the Remote app. Some controllers like the Korg Kronos even use sysex instead of cc's. If you plan to use the expander with several keyboards it could be useful to have more than 1 custom set.
happyfreddy

The problem is there is no extra space for another set in HX3 module.
NI B4 was the first controller to handle the VST plug in of PC´s.
Doepfer has done this years before NI for their double MIDI keyboards like Hammond
Implemented it is also CC set for some Hammond keys.

If some space wil be founded another CC Set must be omitted.
You can be sure there will be some cry not this but others.

You can name NI B4 of course as "standard " , because in many studios this VST Instrument is in use.
For the CC set is equal You only have to change components VST Software vs HX 3 expander

This time You want nord C2D CC set in HX3 , what will be the next when You change Your equipment ?
m_g

Beitrag von m_g »

Valpurgis hat geschrieben:
m_g hat geschrieben: Why do you want to map the lower and bass pedals to channel 1 ?

Please check my post again, I will remap the drawbars from channel 2 and 3 since I think the Expander expects to receive all CC's on channel1. Of course I will not remap note information from channels 2 and 3.
I did read your post.....

The HX3 receives also CCs on Channel 2 and 3. Wonder where you got this info.... ?

Check this:
http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... ontrollers
Important note: Firmware #3.6x and FPGA #20072014 or newer provide a secondary MIDI input (merged with other) and also sends MIDI CCs from all local controllers (drawbars/buttons/switches). FW #3.6x also has a "custom MIDI CC" set which may be altered to your needs by using HX3 Remote application. By factory default, it is set to accept Nord C2 MIDI data (also compatible with Ocean Beach DB-1 controller).

Nord has diffeerent midi implementation variing from model to model (stage vs electro etc.)
Its not a Problem of the HX3.
Same with the Hammonds......
Antworten