Volume issue through midi

Erfahrungen und allgemeine Fragen zu den HX3.5/3.6-Boards und zum HX3 Manager

Moderator: happyfreddy

zoleeon
Volume issue through midi

Beitrag von zoleeon »

Hi everyone!

Still new here with the HX 3.5 midi expander...I have an issue with the volume, controlled by midi...is making some crackling noise during midi cc07 is going up or down. I tried it out with two keyboards and with both of them did the same noise during volume up or down. With it's own volume, from HX 3.5 control panel (black rotary knob)there is no noise...here is an audio file about this issue
HX3.mp3
(327.7 KiB) 61-mal heruntergeladen
The swell be it with it's own input or controlled by midi is ok..

Maybe it is a defective unit...or something else. I used my keyboards with other instruments and sound module via midi and no issue like this before.

Any help is welcome. Thank you!
happyfreddy
Re: Volume issue through midi

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

I think it´s a defect swell unit - even when other keyboards and the HX 3 make same
mistakes.
zoleeon

Beitrag von zoleeon »

And how to solve it? should I send it back? I did a firmware update but still remains the crackling noise....

there is another interesting thing...sometime suddenly the organ sound has a very noisy background sound and it remains even if I change the preset or push the panic button on my controller...only the restart resolve the problem....
happyfreddy

The HX 3 has it´s own input jack for swellpedal,
So why using a MIDI controller via midi ??
zoleeon

Beitrag von zoleeon »

Because the swell pedal cannot do 0 volume or no sound ...and I think it is not normal the crackling sound
zoleeon

Beitrag von zoleeon »

The unit was bought about a month ago and should be function without any problems
happyfreddy

Perhaps test it with PC and the MIDI OX Programm.
Then You can see what happens about midi data send from You Volume unit.
Just regard the sended value if it jumps forward and backwards. I think that the
reason for this rattling values.

Remember a real Hammond never produces a volume level of ZERO. You always hear a small
signal when volume in lowest position.
zoleeon

Beitrag von zoleeon »

With CC07 the volume can be 0, but with CC11 cannot( on Hx3.5, because on other aound modules the swell also can reduce the sound to no sound) ...I am talking about the CC07 and I'll test it with midi ox but as I wrote in my first post I tried it with two controllers, which till now none of them had problems sending normal CC07 levels, and with both of them the HX3.5 made the same noise, that is why I thought that the HX unit has some problems, because I don'tthink that suddenly both controllers got broke at the same time. I do have 3 more midi controllers and I'll try with them too

Maybe I am the only one user who want to use this sound module as a sound module combined with other stuffs and not only for organ sound with it's typical characteristics bind it with a real hammond keyboard ,switches and drawbars.
zoleeon

Beitrag von zoleeon »

Unfortunately the volume changing from the unit itself is doing also the annoying cracks and the crackling sound is more accentuated when the tube amp gain is more. Can someone test this on his own unit? ..put the tube amp gain at half way and modify the volume with the black knob and see if is there any clicks and pops ..thank you
happyfreddy

I think it would help her when You post a schematic of Your used equipment how
the components are connected. Perhaps some pic of the used units.
Antworten