Please help

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Angelo Cappello
Please help

Beitrag von Angelo Cappello »

Hi,
after receiving HX3.4 I am trying to setup my two manual HX3 organ. I have some problems with menu panel and upper drawbars (PL9).
1) Menu panel has unstable readings. At startup, after serial visualization, the display shows a fast switching between drawbar levels and Tube Amp Gain pages. If I push the down button the display start switching at a lower frequency between drawbar levels page and parameter settings. After 5-10 minutes everything works perfectly. This interval seems too long. With the old HX3.2 everything was OK.
2) I am using two old drawbar boards 1.0 connected to PL9 (upper) and PL13(lower). On PL9 db16 (lowest drawbar) does not work. It seems open since display reading is erratic. Remaining upper and lower drawbars behave correctly. It does not depend on drawbar board since, after swapping, the problem occurs on the lower manual.
I do not know if remote programming can solve. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Kind Regards
Angelo
happyfreddy
Re: Please help

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi
first check up the voltage at upper DB 16 . You must read a value between 0 - 3,3 volt at slider pin against GND.
If You can read correct value but it doesn´s work check the flat cable

Fast switching in Display parameters may also occour caused of bad contacts in plugs or cable.
Check up the soldering of plugpins and correct crimped flat cables
When there is a switching visiable in display it´s like an open floating input for HX 3
Angelo Cappello

Thanks HappyFreddy,
I have assembled new flat cables and now the LCD display, after a 2-3 seconds initial page switching (which coud be solved by programming), is stable.
Different is the db16 problem. I have found that soldering of resistor R29 on the HX3.4 board was not good. After re-soldering everything is OK now.
Best Regards
Angelo
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

ARGHH! This should not happen during manufacturing.

Anyway, fine you solved the problem.

The 2-second flickering after startup is annoying, I know. It will dissappear after all control voltages have settled. I'll put that on my TO DO list.
Angelo Cappello

Dear Bovist,
now everything seems OK. On startup the display is stable. I have tried both to power off and immediately on or wait until all capacitors are fully discharged. In any case no instability.
I have also reproduced the condition which produces a slow regular switching between drawbar settings page and another page.
1) Power on. Display shows drawbar settings.
2) Move to another page (e.g. TubeAmp Gain).
3) Activate on Panel16 board Perc On.
At 4-5 seconds intervals the display shows, for a short time, the drawbar setting and then returns to TubeAmp Gain.
Is this a desired feature ?
Thanks
Best Regards
Angelo
happyfreddy

Any way if some parameter have been changed the display shows for few moments what You have done and returns to former
visable display . It´s normal
Angelo Cappello

Yes, you are right. But the problem is completely different. The slow switching between pages occurs without end. I am now sitted 5 meters from the HX3 and I see the display switching every 4-5 seconds. It does not happen if you do not activate Perc On (at least this is what I have found). Please try the sequence that I described in my previous message.
Thanks
Regards
Angelo
happyfreddy

Please check first ALL FLAT CABLES if self manufactured

The angle between flat cable and thinking line of Plug pins MUST BE 90° .
An angle of 88 ° or 92 ° may occour false results of connected boards
Angelo Cappello

Thanks Happyfreddy
I have checked all cables. This is certainly a software bug. It occurs systematically when I activate Perc On and the page switching timing is absolutely regular. Did you try the steps I suggested to reproduce this strange behaviour ?
Of course this is only a minor bug. The organ works perfectly and I am really satisfied with it.
Regards
Angelo
happyfreddy

hi
Carsten is informed and we have to wait till his answer
Antworten