HX3 with NIB4D

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Snuffy51
HX3 with NIB4D

Beitrag von Snuffy51 »

I am finding the Native Instruments B4D drawbar controller to work well with one exception. I cannot seem to get the C/V to work correctly. All I can seem to get is vibrato which I never use. Regardless of which button (C/V1, C/V2, C/V3) I push I cannot get chorus. Vibrato shows up on the HX3 and I have yet to see Chorus. Pushing the buttons does not change the sound. The C/V on and off button works just fine. Anyone have an idea what's going on? Thanks
Balou
Re: HX3 with NIB4D

Beitrag von Balou »

Hi Snuffy,

i use the B4D as well, without any problems. I hope that Carsten will implement the answers from the HX3 to the B4D as soon as possible, so that you see all states of your controllers when you switch different presets with corresponding LED's. At the moment you have to switch on/off the vibrato with the main key an then you can change chorus/vibrato from 1 to 3. All messages are confirmed at the display when switched on/off.

Cheers

Balou
Snuffy51

Beitrag von Snuffy51 »

Thanks. My problem is I cannot get chorus. Does chorus show up on the HX3 display when engaged? I know vibrato does. Maybe I need to dig into some parameters in the HX3.
Balou

Beitrag von Balou »

Yes, it shows chorus or vibrato as e.g. C1 or V1. At the controller you see the corresponding LED active C or V.

BR

Balou
Snuffy51

Beitrag von Snuffy51 »

I do see the changes on the controller but when switching from V to C nothing changes on the HX3.
Gast
Site Admin

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello,

I use the NIB4D Controller as well for the HX3 Expander and everything is ok.

So perhaps your controller is defect or you make an operating error.

You can switch between V and C only for the manual where "vibrato" button is "on" not "off".

two of the three buttons "drawbars" "pedal", "lower", "upper" are valid for vibrato and chorus as well.
And you cannot activate perc when "drawbar" button "pedal" or "lower" is active because perc is only
possible for the upper manual.

But back to your problem:

e.g. the "drawbar" button "lower" is active and the "vibrato" button is on "off".
You play the upper manual with vibrato V2 and you want to switch to chorus C2.

with the described setting it is not possible. Nothing happens with the HX3 when you press one of the V1C1, V2C2, V3C3 buttons.

you first must switch to "drawbar"-button "upper". Automatically the setting
jumps to "vibrato" "on" and to the active "vibrato" "V2".

Then you can switch to C2 with pressing the "V2C2" button one time.
If you want to switch to C3 you must press the "V3C3" button two times.
First to switch from V to C and then from V3 to C3.

So perhaps it is only the described operating error. My example sounds difficult but actually it is very easy.

kind regards

Frank
Gast
Site Admin

Beitrag von Gast »

not correct:
First to switch from V to C and then from V3 to C3.

correct:
first to switch from V2 to V3 and then from V3 to C3
Snuffy51

Beitrag von Snuffy51 »

Thank you guys. I will check it out later. I think it may well be operator error. I am getting vibrato but changing to C does nothing to the sound. The light on the controller does change. I am getting percussion so I must be on upper manual. I appreciate your help. The NIB4D I found new in box so I think it's OK. It's probably just a 66 year old dude trying to operate it.
FrankHal

Beitrag von FrankHal »

Snuffy51 hat geschrieben:I am getting vibrato but changing to C does nothing to the sound. The light on the controller does change. I am getting percussion so I must be on upper manual. I appreciate your help. The NIB4D I found new in box so I think it's OK.
The red lights on the controller always change when you press them. But this does not mean
automatically that the HX3 setting changes as well at this point of time.

But this makes sense. Imagine that you can prepair detailed settings before you activate them.
e.g. you want percussion - fast, soft, second. You prepair everything like desired and then you activate
percussion not earlier. You do not want to hear three sound changes after activating the percussion.
I am sure you understand what I mean.

I do not believe that the NIB4D has an error before you have checked everything. The quality of it is
in my opinion very good.

Your age is not a reason. Think about the ages of famous Blues and Jazz musicians. You are in your best years 8-)

Kind regards

Frank
Balou

Beitrag von Balou »

Hi Snuffy,

if you are not sure about the proper operation of your controller, you may check this by using a small MIDI-Tool: http://www.midiox.com/
When you have opened the MIDI-Monitor there should be visible two different MIDI-Messages when pressing Chorus or Vibrato knob.

BR

Balou
Antworten