Pedal Tones

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Mitch Towne
Pedal Tones

Beitrag von Mitch Towne »

I am a new user of the HX3 and I think it is fantastic! However, I am not very impressed with the 16' drawbar tone. It just doesn't sound realistic at all. Are there any plans to improve this setting?

Thanks!
arnsman
Re: Pedal Tones

Beitrag von arnsman »

Hi Mitch,

can you please describe more the problem, and why do you think this ?

Thanks
Gast
Site Admin

Beitrag von Gast »

The tone isn't deep. It is like it is missing some of the lower frequencies. 838000000 on the lower manual sounds more like the pedal tone should than that actual pedal tone, if that makes sense. Am I the only one who thinks this?
RamonCliment

Beitrag von RamonCliment »

Hi Mitch,

The Pedalsound on 16 has a nasal sound and high tones colour when 'dry'
I remember it was the same behaviour in some of Hammond consoles I played many years ago.
Maybe if you set the 'Pedal Sustain' over 2 or 3 it will sound more round and deep...

Cheers, Ramon.
Mitch Towne

Beitrag von Mitch Towne »

Nasally is a great way to describe it! However, pedal sustain isn't an option because...well...the tone sustains! That isn't what you want when playing bass pedals.
RamonCliment

Beitrag von RamonCliment »

Hi again Mitch !
Maybe you should give a try.
The setting 2 or 3 on Pedal sustain doesn't make an audible 'sustain' furthermore a rounder sound !
Regs, Ramon.
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

This is a tricky one because it also depends what amp is used. The original Hammonds (B3, C3, A100 etc.) had a pretty awful bass pedal sound so a genuine reproduction of this, as per the HX3, will not really be any better! Most players modified the pedals in some way to improve the sound, add sustain etc.. Should the HX3 offer an improved bass? Maybe that goes against the spirit of the thing.

For me (though I use mostly left-hand bass) I am playing through an uprated Leslie 147 and my pedal sound is not too bad, if a little quiet. I also tried taking the separate bass out to another amp to boost/EQ the sound a bit and this also works fine. The Leslie 122 was always better for bass but if you use a normal amp you have more control over the bass EQ. The problem with that is unwanted bass boost on the manuals, unless you use the separate output to a second amp (or a different channel, of course).

Paul
Antworten