Voce V5+ and HX3, Nord Stage 2

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

yubby
Voce V5+ and HX3, Nord Stage 2

Beitrag von yubby »

Hello all,
I've owned the HX3 Expander for a month now and am very happy with the sounds. It syncs perfectly with my Hammond SK1-73 and I've been controlling it mainly with that keyboard.

I'm now experimenting with using the HX3 with my Voce V5+ and connected to a Nord Stage 2. The V5+ CC set works almost flawlessly, but I am having one strange MIDI issue. When all the Voce drawbars are pushed in to the "0" position, the HX3 is registering a setting of "1" for most of the 9 drawbars. So I am always hearing a low volume organ tone when there should be none. Even if I pull out the drawbars and push them back in, the "0" volume for the drawbars is not accomplished. I have tried manually resetting the each upper drawbar on the Expander to a default of "0" and writing each setting, but once I use the Voce drawbars again the same problem happens. Of course this could be a problem with the Voce's midi transmission and not the HX3, I'm just not sure. All other functions, percussion, chorus, all drawbars settings 1-8 setting work fine with the V5. I am on Midi CH 1 but have tried other channels also. Has any body else on this forum used the Voce V5+ or other Voce drawbars to control the Expander?

On another note, I have not yet been able to use the remote software as I only have Apple computers here at home and can't get the software to run on my Wine Windows emulator software. So, I will be purchasing or borrowing a PC sometime soon and hopefully will create a custom CC set for the Nord Stage 2. Has anyone else been successful creating a CC set for the Nord Stage 2?

Thanks,
Dave
Boston, MA
HammondToby
Re: Voce V5+ and HX3, Nord Stage 2

Beitrag von HammondToby »

Hey Dave,

Custom settings with the Stage 2 don't work that well, concerning the drawbars. I got everything to work, but the drawbar numbers. The MIDI numbers the Stage 2 sends, are not quite compatible with the HX3, so the intensity doesn't fit.
Stage vs. HX drawbars:
0 = 0
1 = 2
2 = 4
3 = 5
4 = 6
5 = 7
6 = 7
7 = 8
8 = 8
Have to think of another method ...
All the rest works: Chorus on/off, percussion, swell pedal ...

Best
HammondToby
yubby

Beitrag von yubby »

Hey Toby,
I finally got a PC and tried setting up the HX3 with the Nord Stage tonight. I have the same drawbar issue that you do. I also can only get the live drawbar control on a Global midi channel which takes away any layering / splitting control with other Nord sounds. So far I haven't been able to set it up successfully with Slot A, Slot B or External Mode midi. The Nord will play HX3 presets from within external mode.

I do have a set of the Ocean Beach DB-1 Drawbars so I'll try that next in between the HX3 and Nord.
Best,
Dave
HammondToby

Beitrag von HammondToby »

Hey Dave,
I try to think about a method to rescale the values, as everything else is working. May be the Nord CC Set would work with the MIDI specs of the Electro line, that would be a reason to swap the Stage 2 for an Electro 5. With a routing software in between - like the http://www.imidipatchbay.com - this would be easy to handle. Unfortunately it can't rescale. I'm trying to get my setup as small as possible, so the Electro would be a smart choice.

Best
HammondToby
Antworten