chorus on lower manual hammond xk3

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Arjan
chorus on lower manual hammond xk3

Beitrag von Arjan »

Hello, yesterday I recieved the hx3 module, en its works fine on my hammond xk3,
But because the xk3 has only one chorus button, there is only chorus on the upper manual.
so my question is: is it possible to get chorus on the lower manual as well,
I can't figured it out from the menu. Thanks!
bovist
Site Admin
Re: chorus on lower manual hammond xk3

Beitrag von bovist »

You may scroll down the HX3 expander menu down to VIB UPR LWR. If you turn the rotary encoder, it should toggle lower vib ON or OFF. Anyway, the XK3 should set the VIB ON tab to lower if lower drawbars are active. Or am I wrong?

Note: If you can't access upper, lower drawbar and vib menus by the up/down arrow buttons, I might have installed the wrong firmware. I'll send you the USB cable for update. Sorry for that inconvenience.
Gast
Site Admin

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello Carsten, J can't acces vib upr lwr in the menu, I scrolled the menu several times, there is nothing like that.
I tried the xk3 without the module, and when you push the vib tab, there is chorus on both manuals.
Arjan

Beitrag von Arjan »

To be shure, it was my response...
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

As I have ordered an expander to use with my XK3 I will also need chorus/vib available on upper and lower keyboards. It's annoying that the XK3 only allows both on or both off. At the moment I am using the B4 II software via Cubase and to get lower keyboard chorus I have used the reverb switch on the XK3. The NRPN number that it sends out is converted to a CC number via Midipipe and then mapped to the B4 in Cubase. Phew! Still, it works so I'm hoping that with the new HX3 I can still map the lower chorus to the reverb switch (though without using Cubase/Midipipe etc., of course). Hopefully Carsten can confirm that the NRPN numbers are assignable this way.

So, although you lose the 'reverb' on/off there is at least an available spare switch on the XK3. (By the way, I currently assign the 'Demo' switch to upper chorus so that both chorus switches are together)
Arjan

Beitrag von Arjan »

Hi Carsten,
I'm using the module now for a couple of weeks with my Hammond HX3 system, and it sounds great!
But I'm still missing a few parts of the menu ( chorus on lower etc.).
So can you please send me the cable as promised above, so I can try an update.. Thanks in advance!

btw. I tried the module with my Yamaha PRS -700 keyboard and it works fine, using the presets from the hx3.

best regards, Arjan
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

I have my HX3 and after an initial panic at the sound when I ran it through my modified 147 Leslie I realised that I had to change the audio out settings to organ/pedal to get the straight sound (no 122 amp or Leslie simulator). It sounds very, very good, especially after a few personal 'tweaks'. However, the one thing I still haven't been able to change is the lower manual chorus/vib! All the controls on the XK-3 are functioning correctly, including the reverb switch. How can I change the reverb switch to operate the lower vib? I've tried in the custom CC menu in the editor software and it sees the operation of the switch but I can't allocate it to the lower manual function.

As Carston must have been able to map the XK-3 perhaps he could work out how to make this change? Is there a XK-3 CSV file that I'm missing, for example. Any clues will be welcome and I'm sure there are others who need this function.

Thanks
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

Temporary fix by copying the lower manual settings to Preset 11 (B flat key) but with chorus 'on'. I can switch between the two keys easily enough, though this is not the best solution as the problem remains with other presets where the chorus is not turned on. This was done via the editor - in the menu panel it seems you can't select the lower vib on/off, only the upper. Is this a bug to fix or am I missing something?

I'm still hoping to be able to use the reverb switch on my XK-3 but so far no success using the Midi CC panel in the editor...
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Well, I can implement this on next due firmware release. If you give me the MIDI CC numbers (please verify by MIDI-OX or similar since Hammond user's manual tables have some serious errors) for the function you want to control lower manual vib ON/OFF, I will be happy to do this. BTW, the XK3c should send lower manual vib ON/OFF on MIDI NRPN $1709 which HX3 definitely accepts (on MIDI channel for upper!), but I'm not sure if all XK3 have a tab for it.

And sorry, the MIDI Custom CC setting does not support NRPN mapped controllers.

Please send email whith requested mapping to engineering [at] keyboardpartner.de - thanks! Anyway, you should not use a tab that might control an essential function of HX3.
marcoballa

Beitrag von marcoballa »

ciao,

so can you confirm that any other control (apart from chorus) is OK from the XK3?
I would order one new expander for a friend of mine (he will use an old XK3) and I would like to be sure :-)

thanks a lot!

Marco
Antworten