HX3 Firmware

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Angelo Cappello
HX3 Firmware

Beitrag von Angelo Cappello »

I would like to update the HX3 firmware to ver.3.46. I've read that this requires re-entry of serial numbers (license numbers). Is it correct ? Were can I find them ?
I purchased the HX3 with all licences.
Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Angelo Cappello
Bologna, Italy
Angelo Cappello
Re: HX3 Firmware

Hi,
I will explain my problem better. The wiki "HX3 board installation", under "Controller firmware updates", says: licence codes must be re-entered after AVR update as EEPROM is reprogrammed with defaults. Until now I did not need any licence code to use the module. Do you know if this reprogramming applies also to HX3 modules with all licences ? Perhaps in this case the codes are not stored in the EEPROM.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Angelo
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Angelo,

You will need the USB/serial adaptor cable, TeraTerm 4.7x program (freeware) and a Windows PC for this purpose. The HX3 module puts out current serial and licence numbers on serial interface when powering on or by reset (invoked by command "9999 <ENTER>" on terminal program). Just write them down or copy & paste from TeraTerm window. Without licence numbers, you will only get the demo with 2-minute time limit for Leslie sim.

Anyway, I keep track of all licences generated, so if you loose them, just email me.
Angelo Cappello

Hi Cartens,
many thanks for your kind answer.
Best Regards
Angelo
Antworten