Wersi saturn

Moderator: happyfreddy

Fonsspons
Wersi saturn

Beitrag von Fonsspons »

Tomorow, I will go and check out a simple Thomas organ for 40€. Just for fun. But the guy told me he also had something big, something incredible, something amazing in his garage.... Turns out it is a Wersi Saturn in very neat condition (pictures, not sure in reality, we'll see) and with accompanying Wersi speakers. A real nice set! Some indications are I could make a good bargain on this.
But!!!
I just bought a DX500 (of which I burnt the MST3 and an SL3. Just purchased a full set of boards online, which are on their way (stuck on the British border due to Brexit problems :roll: ) So, there is no room for both... There is room for temporary storage.
So what do I do? Shall I buy it? Can I make friends here? Should I keep it and sell the DX500?
Tips? Feedback?
Much appreciated!
(Not going to try and make money off it, just getting the money back I spend, and make some friends here for the future, since I have knowledge wise not much to offer, and will need this community to maintain my Wersi. :D )
Herzliche Grüße und vielen Dank!
Jo (from Belgium)
happyfreddy
Re: Wersi saturn

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

A Wersi Saturn is totally different from a Wersi DX 500 Delta
Saturn is totally analog except the Rhytm section if a CX 1 or CX 2 is installed
and a Delta is totally digital.

A Saturn even is little greater than the DX 500 Delta !!!

As known You have still problem with the Delta because wrong place of two boards.
If You want to keep the Saturn and sell the Delta this organ first must be in a playable
condition.
About the Saturn You only know it´s looking nice , no information about technical
condition. So when the Saturn has a technical problem You also have to do something
to get it ready.. So the question I had is why is this nice organ in the garage and not in living
room to be played ? Are there some technical problems and does it not work proper ?

Anyway both organs can still be repaired because all parts available at used market.
It´s only a question of bid and offer ....

But if You decide to a digital Wersi organ I think You have to look also to the CD Line like
Wega , Spectra, Gala or Atlantis
some differences.....
A Delta has in maximum 20 Voices and one Wersivoice
A CD LIne Organ has in maximum 32 voices and two Wersivoice
The Delta has unweighted keys , the CD LIne has weighted keys
The Delta always had to keep a loaded accu for storing most basic sounds and rhytm.
The CD Line has a not deleletable Basic section for sounds and rhytm and the for both section a
separate space for custom Sounds and rhytm plus external memorycard system.

Your Delta has in moment only the MST 3 master. The next option is to change to a MST 4 in which
You can load 4 different Datacassette

I Think with a CD Line You can get more and best Wersi had made with the digital organs till mid 90th´s

The DX 500 Delta only was buildt from 1985 till 1988 and most Wersi clients then have changed
from DX 500 to CD Line or have done a update from DX 500 to CD EXTRA DELTA.
That means they have changed the electronic of CD organ in the housing of the DX 500

But to get a nice SATURN it´s today even evry rare
I think not a easy choise You have to make ( if You want )

The easiest choise even is to get them both .........
Fonsspons

Beitrag von Fonsspons »

Good morning,
I attached a picture I received. What a beauty! I wonder what that little box is on the top right?
The covid quarantine is really affecting my Gear Aquisition Syndrome. I must keep control! :D
I contacted the man, because he sells a "Thomas cameo supreme 1265" which is a 70's organ with built in Moog synth. For only 40€ and still debatable, Something I would not mind cleaning, and set it up to play with, for a while. Just for the fun and interest of it. Since I recognize the picture of the Saturn he sended, I know he's hasn't been able to sell it. And now it is in the garage of his sister, and he was overly enthusiastic about it and blabla, also something about a newer smaller keyboard i had to see (which I don't mind, could be anything, even maybe a Yamaha dx7 are some casio) (Although, if someone in the family had a Thomas, and a newer Saturn to play with, I suspect that the newer, smaller keyboard would be something interesting too!) Anyway, super curious!!! I really should take down my "alerts" on the secondhand sites, because they drive me crazy. I just received an alert from a family that is giving away for free a 358 from their beloved father who build it. They are looking for someone with love it and will take care of it. I wish I had the place and the time...
Here is the add and a picture of the 358 and of the Saturn.
A nice day to you (all) I will update later!
Jo
wersi saturnadd.jpeg
(192.71 KiB) 1405-mal heruntergeladen
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1654958231
wersi358.JPG
(88.85 KiB) 1391-mal heruntergeladen
happyfreddy

The Saturn and the two T 4000 speakers even looks very nice and is optically in very
good condition.
As I know from pic there is integrated a CX 1 ( Knobs look so ) and the Wersivision.
On right sideboard beside OM there are four poti knobs buildt in too - perhaps Audio
inputs/Outputs or for headphone in combination with the small box upside.
Maybe there is a cassette recorder for DATA for the CX 1.
Some white front plates of keys in upper manual are missing - perhaps laying inside
the organ.
Is somethinmg known about the price for this organ ?

Thanks for the pic of the W 358 .
This organ looks as the normal series was buildt with the old
rythm unit on right side and the small keyboard for automatic accompainment
in left lower sideboard.
Very funny is this unnormal location of the bench between the 30 keys
of BDO pedal
Fonsspons

Beitrag von Fonsspons »

Ite seemed like a complete set. The programmer keyboard (what does that do?) A wersimatic2, the speakers. And the little box on the right on top was a 16v power bank. He bought everything from a live dancehall around the corner, that was very popular up until a couple of years ago. Probably a factory build. Well maintained. He was hoping to get 400€ for it, but would happily take 300€ for it. Don't have that money to spend nor the place ...
What I did buy, maybe not the forum for it, but a bit in the same category.. A Thomas Cameo supreme 1265, with a build in Moog synth. Nothing special, but not so common to find. But the big surprise was the "little keyboard" he mentioned on the phone. That was a Korg 900PS synthesizer from 1975. Just got home and plugged it in. It works, a bit crackling but al works!! Amazing barn find!!!
No pictures of the wersi, it was all in a dark garage under blankets.
I will add a picture of the Korg, for curiosity.
As soon as I receive the DX500 boards I will proceed on that.
Thank you and friendly greetings
Jo
korg900ps.jpg
(2.8 MiB) 1372-mal heruntergeladen
happyfreddy

The price for a Saturn about 400 Euro incl boxes is absolute OK and when perhaps
reduced to 300 Eur very cheep for that excellent condition.
But You are right You must have the place for it.

Over the times I had 3 Saturn and needed place always was the reason to sell them
after a while.

With Your DX 500 You must know that the small monitor speakers in bottom of upper housing
are only MONITOR ones - no Power types.
For good sound You also have to connect speakers like the T 4000 of Saturn.
So under this opinion the place is same with Saturn or DX 500.
Fonsspons

Beitrag von Fonsspons »

Sorry, for the delay, been very busy.
I was contacted by the Saturn owner. It is now sitting in my garage :D ... Together with a Wersimatic WM24, a programmer and a lot of manuals. Everything seems to work fine. It is a lot heavier than the DX500.
I will try to hook everything up in this unlucky position, before I organize the move upstairs...
Quick question. How are the T4000 speakers connected? Since there is no filter inside this speakers and two separate inputs. One for tweeters and one for woofers.
(The cards for the DX500 are still stuck at the English border... Not much luck there...)
Greetings
Jo
IMG_20210217_111335.jpg
(2.55 MiB) 864-mal heruntergeladen
IMG_20210217_120924.jpg
(2.42 MiB) 860-mal heruntergeladen
IMG_20210217_120916.jpg
(3.06 MiB) 855-mal heruntergeladen
Dateianhänge
IMG_20210217_120947.jpg
(2.6 MiB) 846-mal heruntergeladen
happyfreddy

The SATURN is still very heavy !!!

When transporting tie up a belt around the body of top part of organ
because the top cover ( with all the register switches ) is VERY HEAVY ( about 20 Kg ) and
is not ,locked to rest of top parts. So if self opened during transport it will damage
the wiring and PCB boards. Even in this sideway stand up position in pic it is easy
for self opening of top cover !!! block this with tie belt around !!!
For transport upstairs You need in minimum two persons better four !!
I know what I´m talking about ..........

The T 4000 box has two jacks in parallel. Normally there is no difference between woofer and horn.
You also don´t find there a crossover because the horn is piezo speaker.
Fonsspons

Beitrag von Fonsspons »

I will put a belt!
Why is it in paralel? To connect more speakers?
So I can connect directly to the output of the saturn?
Thx!
Jo
happyfreddy

You can connect a second box to each T 4000
The impedance of T 4000 is 4 ohms
Antworten