FW5614 and XK3 problems

Erfahrungen und allgemeine Fragen zu den HX3.5/3.6-Boards und zum HX3 Manager

Moderator: happyfreddy

clp560
FW5614 and XK3 problems

Beitrag von clp560 »

Hi,

I updated my Midi Expander (3.5 board) yesterday to FW.5614 but had various problems. The voices selected by the black/white preset keys on my XK3 are not working as before and seem to be one number out all the way up. What was set on the B Flat key (11) is now on the A key (10) and the B Flat key is now the B key but doesn't recall percussion/chorus. In fact all the lights are out! The real B key does not return to the main settings either as per Hammond B3, which it did before the update.

Pressing the G preset key on the lower manual (7) sets the volume to zero which then has to be fixed in the editor i.e. doesn't return to full volume by selecting another preset/voice key. I checked if a CC7 message was finding its way to the editor but only a programme change message is being sent.

The switches (perc, chorus etc.) were working in reverse and needed two pushes to select the function. This happened when the editor was open - restarting the HX3 without the the editor connected seemed to fix this.

I reinstalled FW.5537 via the FTPD cable and all functioned correctly again.

I tried reinstalling FW.5614 via FTPD and had the same issues again so have gone back again to FW.5537.

I had the impression that the sound with FW.5614 was a bit 'fatter' so would like to be able to use it but naturally it's important that the black/white preset keys function as expected. Could you take a look at this? Anyone else using the same setup (HX3.5/XK3) had issues with this update?

Thanks,

Paul
MacKey
Re: FW5614 and XK3 problems

Beitrag von MacKey »

Hi Paul,

I'm about to update my HX3.5 to version 5.614 but I'll use it with my Viscount Legend Live.

I've seen that there is a newer file from 8th July, maybe with this the problem could be solved?
MacKey

Beitrag von MacKey »

Hi,

I installed version 5.614 and it sounds a bit fatter.

I play the H X3.5 Plexi Expander via the Viscount Legend Live via the MIDI CC Set "KeyB/Duo".

But I recognized that the Leslie switch at position "slow" or "chorale" on my Legend Live does stop the internal Leslie effect of HX3. The Leslie switch at "stop" position on the Legend Live do set the internal Leslie effect of HX3 to "slow" or "chorale".

Maybe only the MIDI CC sets in HX3 has some errors, or at least the assigned functions seems to be displaced.

But this should be editable via the MIDI editor of the HX3 editor software.

Carsten, Christian, can you help please?
MacKey

Beitrag von MacKey »

Maybe with newest Firmware the MIDI Problems could be solved. I'll try it.
clp560
Re: FW5614 and XK3 problems (also with FW5616)

Beitrag von clp560 »

Update:

I installed FW 5608 FPGA 17012020 and everything was ok except that I had no sustain anymore, although the external plugins recognised it ok. Then I saw that I had Scancore 53.26 still installed from the previous update so I reinstalled 53.25 and the sustain was back. I moved all the voices up one number and the A# and B keys are now working correctly.

(Changing Presets with the XK doesn't work, and never has, but I get around this by sending changes from my MixFace controller when I need a full preset change - only for Cheesy Vox occasionally!)

I wanted the newer update because I just bought the WiFi module and it doesn't work with FW 5537.

After I'd saved all my settings I decided to try again with FW 5616. Same issues with the XK3, I'm afraid, and the Chorus 'on' switches off the drawbars - weird! Using one of the Percussion switches also switches off the chorus which then won't come back on again. In the new editor the XK CC group is now '1' (previously '4'). I tried using FW 5616 with the older FPGA but that didn't change anything. I suspect the problem is with the XK3 CC set but Carsten will have to take a look at this as the XK CC sets aren't editable by the user. Up till now the XK3 has always worked fine through updates so I'm sure there's not too much to put tight.

Paul
MacKey

Beitrag von MacKey »

Hi Paul,

I've installed Firmware version 5.616 and the MIDI CC set "KeyB/Duo" didn't work like the older Firmware version 5.614 which I used before.

I guess that the MIDI implementation/configuration Parameters has been upgraded and the MIDI CC sets have changed too.
Maybe the MIDI CC sets will be updated/corrected.

I currently have used the MIDI CC Editor for the first time and made a MIDI CC set for Viscount Legend Live and all controls work perfectly.

So you could also load the MIDI CC set of "Hammond XK" in the MIDI CC Editor, adjust it and save it to the Custom Save Slots (9 or 10).

Alternatively I recommend to write a mail to info@keyboardpartner.de.
In this way you should receive an answer shortly.
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

Hi Michael,

Yes, I think it's time to email KeyboardPartner directly to try and solve the problem. I tried to load the XK CC set into the editor but that option didn't seem to be available. The XK/SK series use the NRPN system of midi which doesn't make life easy for programming! Still, it's always been ok until this latest version so I'm sure it can be fixed. Meanwhile, FW 5608 is working fine so I can keep playing!

Paul
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

Carsten is informed about the problem....
happyfreddy
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

I've now updated to

FW5619, FPGA 01102020

Everything now functions correctly on the XK3 except that there is no sustain possible with Scan 53.29. I reinstalled Scan 53.25 and the sustain works ok again. In the editor the Hammond XK midi selector is now '1' (previously '4') but that is not a problem, of course.

Perhaps Carsten can take look at Scan 53.29 to see if there's a fix for the sustain issue (with the XK3). Everything is sounding great, by the way.

Paul
clp560
Re: FW5614 and XK3 problems (fixed)

Beitrag von clp560 »

Update:

Decided to install the latest Beta (5622) and the XK3 sustain issue is fixed.

Thanks to the Keyboardpartner team.

Paul
Antworten