output conf on extension board

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

billyb
output conf on extension board

Beitrag von billyb »

yes hello , have finally completed remote settings for my build , am just using 2 outputs , both from the extension board .
the left 1/4 " jack and the 11 pin .the l/r amp/pd+b is ideal for the jack ( for vent input ) but not so much for the
11 pin ( output is not as strong , compared on phones , not as full ) amp/pd l/r+b is ideal for this ,but not for the 1/4" , sounds
weak . is there a way to equalize these outputs ? there are situations where i would be using both . my double pole leslie
switch keeps them both in sync . the vent goes directly to the house , the leslie is my stage monitor .
billyb
Re: output conf on extension board

Beitrag von billyb »

if i may add to my post , hooked up the hx3 to my 122 last night , the AMP/PD L/R +B output is definitely
the stronger output for the 11 pin , sounds much fuller , but for some reason this doesn't work that well
for AUX 1 on the extension board .
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Hello,

which PCB version are you using?
billyb

Beitrag von billyb »

by PCB , you mean which hx3 ? i have HX3-MK4 ser # 6403709 ,4.25 with the latching hex. firmware ,
i have the extension board , i believe it's the older type , all switching is in proper working order ,
2 drawbar sets per manual , toggle switches for vib. on /off each manual and also 4 for perc. and 2 reverb .
vib. knob and 2 pots
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

I hope You know that a 122 Leslie needs a symmetric input audio signal ? !
The output from the extensionboard or direct from HX 3 board is still assymmetric.

How did You convert the fast -slow command voltage from Extension board ?
A 122 Leslie realizes this with a 100 V DC voltage added to the symmetric audio signal.
billyb

Beitrag von billyb »

for my setup i'm only using audio ( pins 1 & 4 ) from the ext. board , pins 6,7 ,8 on 11 pin go directly to my leslie switch ( 5 is jumpered
with a switch to 6 ) , it's to power a 3300 . i use a leslie 11 to 6 pin adapter box for the 122 . the box was modified to be able
to trigger a brake function in the leslie . i use this setup so i can use the other pole in the switch to operate a vent . so , i could
use 2 good dry outputs , one for aux 1 and one for the 11 pin . one conf setting sounds great on the 11 pin , the other is good for the aux output .
haven't run through my 3300 , it's not home
billyb

Beitrag von billyb »

to clarify - by aux 1 , i mean PL39 on the extension board ( the left jack ) , just realized what i had written , sorry for the confusion .
Antworten