Minimum volume level

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

clp560
Minimum volume level

Beitrag von clp560 »

I did my first gig at the weekend with the new HX3 and I'm really pleased with the sound and feel from it. I'm using my Hammond-Suzuki XK-3 as the controller - it's a nice instrument to sit behind but the sound of the early XK-3 is not really good enough so I'm happy to be able to create a 'new' instrument for myself.

Playing live showed up a couple of issues that it would be nice to sort on the HX-3:

The minimum volume is a bit high for me. I know the real Hammond can never go down to zero but I'd like to be able to get the HX3 minimum volume down just a bit more. Is this possible?

I've tweaked the key-click parameters but it still seems a bit too loud to me. I tried setting everything to as low as possible but the result is a click which doesn't sound authentic any more so I've settled for a louder but more realistic click. Still, it would be nice to then reduce the volume of that setting. Something for an upgrade maybe?

I have a B3 here so I can make direct comparisons through the same Leslie. Apart from these small changes I'd love to see the sound stands up really well. Great job!

Paul
bovist
Site Admin
Re: Minimum volume level

Beitrag von bovist »

Hi
Others claimed same problem. There is no way to make it variable via editorable parameter.
This requires a firmware update with lower volume in next release. Perhaps ( if possible ) with a editorable parameter.
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

Just updated the Firmware (#22102014) and the new minimum level is much better thanks.

Although the level seems about right to me I did try editing (+sending/saving) a new level from the Remote Editor but it doesn't seem to work. Is this not implemented yet?

Paul
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Did you update AVR firmware to 3.63 as well?

You will also need new HX3 Remote 3.63. I changed HX3 Remote version numbering according to HX3 firmware version.
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

Hi Carston,

I downloaded Firmware 363 Mk3, and Remote 363. When I click on Update AVR I see the files (HOAX_main_buttonvib.hex etc) and can transfer them one at a time. However, the AVR Firmware# box still shows 3.62 even if I 'refresh info'.

What am I doing wrong?

Paul
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Check creation date of HOAX_main_std.hex (or whichever you want to use). Should be 24th october 2014, time 19:00.

Are you shure AVR firmware updated correctly? It should definitely say version 3.63 in HX3 Remote info fields.
clp560

Beitrag von clp560 »

I tried again to update the firmware and it still shows 3.62. The FPGA shows 22102014. As the AVR files are being transferred I see the read-out on the HX3 saying 'HX3 3.62 by CM'. I'd expect it to say 3.63 so is that a clue? The creation date on the AVR files is 24th October 2014 19:00.

The lower pedal volume shows in the left hand column of the editor (and the volume is definitely lower from the HX3) but the editor doesn't send any change to the module (the Eeprom Write is checked). Is it correct that I have to transfer each file one at a time (it doesn't allow me to select all the AVR files in the folder)? After transferring the Preset24.hex it shows an error 'EEPROM File not found'.

Thanks for helping to solve this.
Antworten