-Restart the your computer
-Restart HX3 (disconnect from power)
-connect the FTDI cable to HX3
-reconnect additional power to HX3
-connect the FTDI cable to USB
-open the HX Remote
-select FTDI or FT232R device
-type in your Name, your old serial number, license Organ/Leslie
-send licences (is this the most important point?)
- do not refresh info (not really shure about this point - but if it could help…)
-update FPGA
-when finished remove JP5
-reset HX3
-write down your new serial!
-close the uart-connection (again: not really shure about this point- Justin Case)
-disconnect FTDI from USB
-disconnect FTDI from HX3

done - it should now work…

It seems so easy but, after the first attempt i missed always to type in name, serial and licenses :oops:
if you´ll get an out of sync error, try to reseat the FTDI plug on HX3 board

best of luck
btw. the application works fine. I did it on a Mac with an virtual machine with win7 (64bit) successfully. The bug was seated in front of the computer :twisted:

my question: what shall be done with JP7/JP8 after successful upgrading? unplug?
The order of actions does not really matter, as long as FTDI device is open. It is advisable to plug in cable to HX3 first and then cable to computer, then start HX3 remote. No need to restart anything!

JP7 and JP8 must be removed. HX3 fw 3.5 and up will not start properly if they are in place. They are only needed for reverb DSP update which is a very rare condition. Licence numbers are saved within your parameter file (use Save as... and Open), so you won't have to enter them an each update. Please read the new page http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... pplication carefully.
bovist
Site Admin
Re: Help

Beitrag von bovist »

Just to encourage anyone who wants to do the update: It is barely impossible to make the HX3 unusable. Even with everything fried, the bootloader resides in protected memory and will accept new firmware upload anytime the reset jumper is set and removed.

If FPGA update fails, your first step will be inserting Conf_dis jumper and try again to prevent the FPGA blocking the flash programming. if the FPGA is not working (yellow LED off), any update will fail if conf_dis jumper is not inserted.

Updating the firmware from old versions to 3.5x ist somewhat tricky since after reset (by reser jumper) the bootloader waits only a second or so for update instructions. And if firmware is fried, HX3 plays zombie. So it is important to remove the jumper and click OK to start AVRdude (the programming tool called by HX3 Remote) the same time.
Angelo Cappello

Beitrag von Angelo Cappello »

Carsten is definitely right.
With Remote 1.07 everything is fine ! Wow, I see again the yellow led flashing :D .
My personal congratulations to Carsten and Coworkers (if any).
Now I can go on by ordering drawbars, etc. Just waiting to know something more on the MKIII.
Kind Regards
Angelo
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

New HX3 Remote version 1.08 is online now with some improvements in syncing. Also updated the user manual on http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... pplication.

Vielen Dank für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsmaßnahmen.
Angelo Cappello

Beitrag von Angelo Cappello »

Thanks Carstens for the new release.
I'm playing the organ but .... after 60 seconds it stops. Is it time to buy the license upgrade ? Or I'm missing something ?
Thanks
Regards
Angelo
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Yes, the new FPGA configuration issues a new serial number. Just send it to me at engineering@keyboardpartner.de, I'll send you new licences. For now, the upgrade is free (as a more or less public beta release) until June.
Antworten