Help

Erfahrungen und allgemeine Fragen zu den HX3.5/3.6-Boards und zum HX3 Manager

Moderator: happyfreddy

Angelo Cappello
Help

Beitrag von Angelo Cappello »

HI,
I have tried everything on my HX3.5 MK5 but master volume cannot be saved permanently as a startup default. At startup volume is always at 0 level and I must correct through HX3.5 editor or menu panel. This is certainly my fault. I have tried to i) store group values (volume drawbars), ii) save a preset by pressing the corresponding key for 2 seconds. Nothing works. Can you help me please ?
Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Angelo
happyfreddy
Re: Help

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

we will look if there is any problem
Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

Hi Angelo,

please have a look at parameter 1498 in the HX3.5 Editor. There are 8 check boxes determining which settings are being saved with the presets or as startup defaults. Master Volume is represented by the third check box from the right. (Also see the help text that shows up in the Editor window once you click on a parameter value).

Uncheck that box und click on "Store Group Values". This will make Master Volume a part of the Startup Defaults, which are being stored with the "live" Preset 0. So, set Master Volume as desired and store Preset 0.

Christian
Angelo Cappello

Thanks Christian,
I have followed your suggestion step by step but it is for me simply impossible to have HX3 playing at power on. Master volume is irremediably 0. I remember the first HX3 model working perfectly on this regard.
I am also trying to change presets live using gig performer but what is very simple with a VST clone it seems very convoluted here. It is a pity since this organ has by far the most convincing hammond sound. It would be very usefull to have some tutorials to learn the basic settings, interaction with editor and SD card, live use with programs like gig performer.
Thank you
Best regards
Angelo
Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

Which firmware version do you have on your HX3 Expander?
Angelo Cappello

Hi Christian,
this isn't a HX3 expander configuration. The mainboard is connected to a FatarScan2 with the appropriate scandriver. The USB connector on the extension board is used for midi communication with the editor and for preset loading during live execution (through gig performer). FW is the last one available: 5.300 [HX3 mk5, RealOrgan].
I have tried again the procedure you suggested, no way. It seems that writing on the EEPROM is not enabled at least for master volume. Other parameters, e.g. contact early action, are stored and recalled correctly. Should I use an init text file on SD ?
Thanks
Best regards
Angelo
Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

Hi Angelo,

by default, Master Volume is stored with the Common Presets. Did you try that? Did it fail as well?
Antworten