Having trouble configuring HX# Plexi module

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

randallholmes
Having trouble configuring HX# Plexi module

Beitrag von randallholmes »

Hi All Im wondering if someone could help me trying to work hx3 module into my gig setup. Im running it from a Korg Kronos which has the ability for you to program CC #s to dials, sliders etc to adequately control most of the hammond functions needed for live performance.

I have got it to respond to all of the controls I have set up on the Kronos.

THe problem is I have selected midi channel 3 for all of the functions leslie , vibrato , drawbars etc But it seems to want channel one or maybel all channels for note on off. Is there a hidden function that allows the instrument to play only channel 3 For all functions including not on-off?

Thanks in advance for the help

Randy
happyfreddy
Re: Having trouble configuring HX# Plexi module

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

Default channels are 1, 2, 3 for NOTE EVENTS
The CC communication runs on Channel 1

For NOTE EVENTS You can change to 3, 4 , 5 ( upper-lower-pedal always one after another channel )
You only have to change channel 1 to channel 3 . The rest will follow .

There is no hidden function
randallholmes

Thanks so much for the reply. I have selected midi channel 3 in the menu . CC's are responding to channel 3 notes only play when channel one is selected on the keyboard. It appears that Kronos can transmit cc's on a different channel than the base channel selected. IE you can assign any control on the Kronos to a different midi channel independent of the main transmitting channel Is there another menu where you can select a midi channel?

Thanks Again
Randy
happyfreddy

What is in MIDI section possible or not is described in our HX 3 Wiki sites
http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... ontrollers

Same for Kronos You must read in User manual of that keyboard.
randallholmes

Actually I have done more than read the Kronos Manual I have an assistant who has worked with the developers of this instrument. Its sending out the control changes on channel 3 as I have selected but the HX3 does not respond to note on-off on channel 3,4 5 Again I have selected Midi channel 3 All of the CC's are responding on Channel 3 Note on and off remains at 1 -2 3 upper , lower, probably pedals. I dont know why I have figured out a work around I have not even figured out how you program the drawbars /presets on this module any help from anyone would be appreciated I have studied the manual and at least for me it does not explain clearly how you program the drawbars /presets and if there are CC's for each preset. Pressing the buttons whether up or down only takes it to the next group IE down takes it to vibrato and i believe up takes it to percussion. Sorry if I seem uninformed - would really appreciate some help.

Thanks In advance
happyfreddy

MIDI note on / off on channels 1 - 3 is one thing for HX3 Expander and that MUST RUN.
The second thing are the CC Sets and famous Sets like NI B4 or Hamicord are implemented in HX 3 Expander.

The problem is that some keyboards use different sets or well known sets but within some other controller imlementations
so that perhaps certain thing will not run.

In this case of a Kronos Keyboard You must look how Korg has implemented his CC Set and You have to compare it with the
implemented sets in HX 3. Than choose those one with most identical CC Set controllers with Kronos.
Perhaps some controllers in Kronos are changed to another function - we don´t know this because the Kronos is a relative new keyboard.
When note on/off commands on channel 1 - 3 run You also have the possibility to use the drawbar controller in shop.
With the drawbar controller You haven´t any problems with CC Sets because all buttons You find on the drawbar controller.

For Your problem using channel 3 for special things in Your equipment I have no idea how to make it proper run.
If the Kronos has two Midi Out jacks perhaps route it in another way so that the HX 3 doesn´t get any information on channel 3.
randallholmes

Pretty much understand some of the items . New problem Cant seem to edit anything Buttons scroll thru selections rotary knob has no effect. This was not the case at first - was able to program and save to default my preferences. Is there a combination that puts it back in edit mode?
I have the instrument set up using the NIB4 CC set which is working fine - I can control certain parameters via the Kronos . THe parameters are not editable even when midi is disconnected . I need to tweak further a few parameters can anybody help?
happyfreddy

The handling of rotary knob and buttons is discribed in old mk4 issue
http://wiki.keyboardpartner.de/index.ph ... _MenuPanel

sorry this part of description must be added in User manual of new HX 3.5
We`ll do it next days

This handling is same at new board HX 3.5 but with several parameters now too

So the panel has 3 components for using
1) rotary knob with scrolling by turn right or left
2) rotary Knob with pushing switch for entry in selected part of menue
3) up and down push buttons
Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

Hi Randy,

what is the HX3 modul you are using? Is it the old Plexi Expander USB based on the 3.4 mainboard or the new one based on the HX3.5 mainboard? What the version number? (Shows up in the display briefly on power-up).
randallholmes

It says #3.92 Thanks in advance for your help Just to make everything crystal clear - . I was originally able to adjust parameters. After adjusting most of them I would push and hold the rotary and it would save them as default. I have read and re-read the instructions I am more or less clear on how this unit operates and have successfully paired it to the keyboard I want to use to control it. I was never able to move through the "pre-sets " I am able to step through all of the parameters , I am in preset 0 I can no longer change or adjust any of the parameters. ONly through the parameters I have programmed into the keyboard which are limited. (by adjusting the knobs/switches i have assigned using the NI B4 CC chart) The module is behaving as if I have "locked" it or taken it out of edit mode. Rotary knob has no effect clockwise or counter clockwise . Does respond to pushing to return to preset 0 and holding set to default. Turning knob clockwise will advance it through 2 parameters then return it to preset 0 Buttons operate through parameters forward or backward as described.
Antworten