Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

Gast
Site Admin

Re: HOAX3 FAQ

Beitrag von Gast »

ratpackryan hat geschrieben:
happyfreddy hat geschrieben:hi
nevertheless the new leslie simulation doesn`t need any Ventilator I´ll think. It´s pretty good.
The same guy Simon Oslender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp0nLcqr ... ture=share
connects the HOAX to an extra tube preamp ( Behringer MC 100 ) before going on amp.
Nice dirty sound
http://soundcloud.com/simon-oslender/hammond-blues

Last week he had a gig together with dr lonnie smith on two B 3 + 122er leslie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... oAAmO2Bn8c
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 1104489001
http://www.l1.nl/video/grachtenfestival ... DTra5Gz7F-

simon Oslender will present the HOAX on Herdecke Festival on 4. - 7. october 2012
happyfreddy
Yeah I already had a neo ventilator so I figured I would just use it instead of buying the leslie license to save money. I didn't try out the 2 minute leslie demo on the hoax because I didn't want to know what I was missing if it was better than the neo ventilator. Also I added more aluminum to the heat sink with holes drilled in it to help disperse the heat into the air. It seems to be working well. After 2 hours of playing it was warm but not hot. Thanks for the links.
ratpackryan

Beitrag von ratpackryan »

OK new question. I'm looking at rigging up a 25 note pedal board using the organ61 scan. I've looked at the pdf for it and it has two 16 pin connectors and then one 20 pin connector. The pins on the connectors though are labelled 1 through 8 twice on each 16 pin connector. does this mean each pedal should have 2 contacts? I was going to take an old 25 note pedal board and put some momentary switches under them and run a common ground to all of them. would this work?
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi
You can normally use the SCAN 61 Boards for connecting a pedal. For SCAN 61 as Pedal You must chose the right Jumper for PEDAL at the Scan Out Pin.
There are 3 Positions possible Upper , Lower and Pedal (Jumpers are realized in newest SCAN 61 boards )
The contacts for each use must close to Ground ( GND ). Using a 25 key pedal You only need 3 Shift register IC . The last Key is connected to the pullup resistor 100 k of pin SER IN (no need of extra shiftreg IC for that key) Regard the length of 10 pol cable from SCAN board to HOAX board. The connetion between SCAN Board and pedal key can be longer. Never use there a shielded cable ! it will cause problems.
If the pedal key contact are organized in a matrix ( whatever ) this matrix first must be decoded before connected to scan 61.
HOAX 3 accepts upper and lower FATAR matrix Keys via decoder board FATARSCAN 2 x 61 and one SCAN 61 for pedal without any change of parameters.
I still use this configuration. Also possible is 3 x SCAN 61 in series. In this case upper manual SCAN 61 Output is conneted to Hoax and INPUT upper SCAN 61 to OUTPUT SCAN 61 Lower / Input Lower to Output SCAN 61 pedal - all with short 10 pole flatcables. Cables to manuals an pedal can be longer and all contacts must close to GND
happyfreddy
ratpackryan

happyfreddy hat geschrieben:hi
You can normally use the SCAN 61 Boards for connecting a pedal. For SCAN 61 as Pedal You must chose the right Jumper for PEDAL at the Scan Out Pin.
There are 3 Positions possible Upper , Lower and Pedal (Jumpers are realized in newest SCAN 61 boards )
The contacts for each use must close to Ground ( GND ). Using a 25 key pedal You only need 3 Shift register IC . The last Key is connected to the pullup resistor 100 k of pin SER IN (no need of extra shiftreg IC for that key) Regard the length of 10 pol cable from SCAN board to HOAX board. The connetion between SCAN Board and pedal key can be longer. Never use there a shielded cable ! it will cause problems.
If the pedal key contact are organized in a matrix ( whatever ) this matrix first must be decoded before connected to scan 61.
HOAX 3 accepts upper and lower FATAR matrix Keys via decoder board FATARSCAN 2 x 61 and one SCAN 61 for pedal without any change of parameters.
I still use this configuration. Also possible is 3 x SCAN 61 in series. In this case upper manual SCAN 61 Output is conneted to Hoax and INPUT upper SCAN 61 to OUTPUT SCAN 61 Lower / Input Lower to Output SCAN 61 pedal - all with short 10 pole flatcables. Cables to manuals an pedal can be longer and all contacts must close to GND
happyfreddy
I understand all of that, but what I am asking is if the pedals have no existing contacts or matrix could I use momentary switches for contacts, and does each pedal get two contacts or one?
happyfreddy

hi,
If the pedal has two contacts ( like dynamic rubber contacts in manuals) you have to use only ONE contact, prefer the first closed of each key.
The SCAN 61 board doesn´t support dynamic contacts. Maybe Carsten has meanwhile also implemented dynamic pedal contacts - I don´t know and we have to wait till back from holiday - but this will mean dynamic only for MIDI OUT function. The Hoax itself needs no dynamic contacts, for the original Hammond never had them.
If You have to install new contacts to the pedal there are many ways to do this. In former days I also do some trying with MICROSWITCHES, they work but there is still the switching noise which You can hear. Relative noiseless are REED contacts or contact-spring types, another way can be HALL sensors but there is the need extra supply voltage. Any way, the result of those switches must be GND level for closed key when used in combination with SCAN 61 board.
You only need ONE contact for each pedal key
happyfreddy
ratpackryan

happyfreddy hat geschrieben:hi,
If the pedal has two contacts ( like dynamic rubber contacts in manuals) you have to use only ONE contact, prefer the first closed of each key.
The SCAN 61 board doesn´t support dynamic contacts. Maybe Carsten has meanwhile also implemented dynamic pedal contacts - I don´t know and we have to wait till back from holiday - but this will mean dynamic only for MIDI OUT function. The Hoax itself needs no dynamic contacts, for the original Hammond never had them.
If You have to install new contacts to the pedal there are many ways to do this. In former days I also do some trying with MICROSWITCHES, they work but there is still the switching noise which You can hear. Relative noiseless are REED contacts or contact-spring types, another way can be HALL sensors but there is the need extra supply voltage. Any way, the result of those switches must be GND level for closed key when used in combination with SCAN 61 board.
You only need ONE contact for each pedal key
happyfreddy
Ok thanks, that's what I was trying to figure out. One more question, in this PDF https://github.com/heise/HOAX/blob/mast ... BASS25.pdf
it has the pins numbered 1 through 8 twice instead of 1 through 16 for each 16 pin connector. Why is this?
Thanks again for your help I'm just trying to plan out how to rig my pedal board and what to get all the variables in order before I commit to the construction phase.
happyfreddy

hi,
If You compare all the Scan Boards You realize equal construction ( except some differences in values of components ). Common to all is the use of the 4014 shiftregister. Normally is the use of plugs for 16 pole flat cable like on SCAN 61 board. Two shiftregister use the same plug each one only 8 pins. On the Pedal Scan Board is only one line pins 1 - 25 contact. You are right in schematic there are drawn two pins. So forget one line 1 - 8, perhaps a new board is planned with flatcable using two cables for one contact - I don´t know.
The trick in this board is the connection for the last key : no extra shift register is needed. Therefore the variation in schematic round the resistorarray now 4K7 and 220 Ohms respect to the first Scanboard SCAN 61 with 10K array.
Regard in case of using SCAN 61 board the different Pin for Ser Out on 10 pole plug to HOAX - regard SCAN 4014_inline there the diffent Jumpers for Manuals or pedal are marked. Ser Out must be connected to pin 5 otherwise it doesn´t work for pedal.
Hope things be clear now, good luck
happyfreddy
ralph
Re: Stereo or not

Beitrag von ralph »

Kermit hat geschrieben: Hi happyfreddy

No problems - I can wait :D
I did expect that the raw output(no leslie) was mono.
I was just "missing" one channel.

BR

Claus

Hello,

I am also a little bit confused about the 4 channel output of my HOAX 3.2. Is there a complete description available? Until now, I get the following singnals:

1. Main Output

JP6: closed 1-2 (MONO)
Left: Upper/Lower/Bass
Right: no signal

JP6: closed 2-3
Left: Upper/Lower
Right: Bass

JP6: open
Left: Upper/Lower
Right: no signal

2. Leslie Output

Is it always Stereo? I have read about possibility to seperate Bass and Horn Rotor, is that right?

Regards
ralph
Heinz-Peter
Hall

Beitrag von Heinz-Peter »

ich besitze ein Mehrkanal-Leslie (615'er) und möchte den Hauptkanal trocken (ohne Hall) über den Tremolokanal des Leslies wiedergeben. Wenn ich den Schaltplan des Audio-Moduls richtig interpretiere, ist die Ausgabe von Hall über den Leslie Output und den Main Output festverdrahtet. Durch entfernen von R53 (22k) könnte man den Main Kanal vom Hall befreien. Falls irgendetwas gegen diese Maßnahme spricht, würden mich das schon interessieren, kann es mir aber nicht vorstellen.
happyfreddy
Re: Hall

Heinz-Peter hat geschrieben:ich besitze ein Mehrkanal-Leslie (615'er) und möchte den Hauptkanal trocken (ohne Hall) über den Tremolokanal des Leslies wiedergeben. Wenn ich den Schaltplan des Audio-Moduls richtig interpretiere, ist die Ausgabe von Hall über den Leslie Output und den Main Output festverdrahtet. Durch entfernen von R53 (22k) könnte man den Main Kanal vom Hall befreien. Falls irgendetwas gegen diese Maßnahme spricht, würden mich das schon interessieren, kann es mir aber nicht vorstellen.
Hi,
Mit evtl Hardwareänderungen bitte warten bis nach Rückkehr von Carsten, Es ist durchaus möglich daß schon Dinge in Planung sind die Signalanteile wie Hall per Software/Schalter zu routen. Letztlich muß ja auch die Hallstärke einstellbar sein - nicht jeder hat den gleichen Geschmack.
happyfreddy
Antworten