HOAX3 FAQ

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

ghiromax
Site Admin

Re: HOAX3 FAQ

Beitrag von ghiromax »

Hi Gerritt,

any news on availability of drawbars ? I would like also to have some info on availability (and prices) of keyboards ) PM me at max(dot)ghirardi(at)gmail(dot)com if forum doesnt allows to quote parts.
Do you have pictures available ?
Thanks in advance

Max
ratpackryan

Beitrag von ratpackryan »

interesting fact, I was playing the other day without my expression pedal hooked up and noticed that the 1' drawbar for the upper manual acts as a volume control or expression pedal. This isn't a problem or anything, I was just totally surprised by it and figured I would tell all of you.
de68kut

Beitrag von de68kut »

Hi,

maybe, You can control the 1´ drawbar with the expression control, too! If YES, I would
look for a shortcut of the apppropriate lines.

best regards,
Gregor
ratpackryan

I don't think so, after you plug in the expression pedal the 1' drawbar works how it normally should.
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

ratpackryan hat geschrieben:I don't think so, after you plug in the expression pedal the 1' drawbar works how it normally should.
Hi Ryan,

this problem should be "leakage" from one A/D input channel to an adjacent "open" input. Normally, the expression jack's switch connects the swell A/D channel to 3.3V (=max) if no swell pedal is plugged in, so this input is never open (check schematics). If you use the pin header connection instead, the input is
ratpackryan

so if I lower the parameter value of the "AO28 Preamp lowpass 125 Hz equalizer bass" will this decrease the frequencies below 125 Hz? will this do anything else? I've been playing a lot of reggae and would like to decrease the lower frequencies a bit
ratpackryan

ratpackryan hat geschrieben:so if I lower the parameter value of the "AO28 Preamp lowpass 125 Hz equalizer bass" will this decrease the frequencies below 125 Hz? will this do anything else? I've been playing a lot of reggae and would like to decrease the lower frequencies a bit
?
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi,
look at hoax 3_syntax.pdf

always regard the preposting there is written ! :

Please refrain from randomly changing parameters - you may render your HOAX board useless if you don't know what you're doing!

Under
General
Default Parameters Table Organ
You can read
Number.........possible Value...........default...........Function
526____________0..127_____________ 88__________AO28 Preamp lowpass 125 Hz equalizer bass

Perhaps it is easier for some experiments to use first a extern 10 band Equalizer before programming. I´ll submit Your Question to the inventor what to do. please wait
happyfreddy
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

@ratpackryan:

you man change the 125 Hz lowpass parameter to any value between 0 (bass decrease) to 127 (bass boost).

Temporarily (valid until power off) change bass boost by:

Code: Alles auswählen

526=XX!
with XX = your preferred value.

To make changes permanent, enable EEPROM write by:

Code: Alles auswählen

wen=1!
526=XX!
tastenhauer2002
Einbau HX3 Soundmodul

Beitrag von tastenhauer2002 »

Hallo,
habe vor einigen Jahren eine einmanualige Orgel zusammengebaut mit einer Fatar 61TP/80 mit Doepfer MKE Keyboard-Elektronik und einigen Doepfer Pocket-Elektronic-Modulen für Drawbar- und Schalter/Potisteuerung der Bedienelemente. Der ganze Midi-Datenstrom trifft letztlich auf eine V-Machine, die eine VB3 von GSI beherbergt. Soweit so gut, alles spielt und es sieht sehr gut aus. Nur der Sound ist halt nicht wirklich so, dass es mich begeistert. In den höheren Lagen bleibt es einfach dünn und auch das Aufdrehen des Overdrive-Reglers macht es eigentlich nur "kratziger".
Vermute mal, dass ein HX3 Soundmodul mit Lesliesim etwas mehr kann, als meine jetzige Tonerzeugung, womit ich zum Kern meiner Frage komme.
Was brauch' ich alles um meinen Kontroller damit aufzurüsten? Im einfachsten Fall ,nehme ich an, müsste es reichen, statt der V-Machine das HX3-Soundmodul per Midi anzusteuern und die ganzen Midi CC's der Bedienelemente müssten noch auf die neuen Werte umprogrammiert werden, was aber kein Thema ist.
Bringt es wirklich einen Vorteil, wenn die Tastenbefehle über ein FatarScan abgefragt werden und falls ja, lassen sich dabei die übrigen Controller-Daten für Drawbars, Percussion, Vibrato, Volume etc. nach wie vor über den Midi-In des Soundmoduls einspeisen? Habe eigentlich keine Lust die Verdrahtung und den ganzen Einbau komplett auseinander zu rupfen.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.
Antworten