HOAX3 FAQ

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

ratpackryan
Re: HOAX3 FAQ

Beitrag von ratpackryan »

bovist hat geschrieben:
ratpackryan hat geschrieben:ok so I just updated my HX3 to the latest flash and eeprom but now when I go to put in my organ license it will not work because the serial number has changed
Please help. I don't want to have to buy the organ license again because I already purchased one
Hi Ryan,

there is a known bug (apparently not mine) in serial number generation of FPGA itself. Just send me your current serial number (to info@keyboardpartner.de) that your board issues, I'll give you new licences.

This regards everyone who has problems with updates: New licences are free (as long as you aquired one in the past).
Thanks Carsten,

I sent you an email
bovist
Site Admin
Re: Probleme mit Leslie-Volume und Split-Bass

Beitrag von bovist »

Tommy hat geschrieben:Hallo,
habe jetzt mit tatkräftiger Unterstützung meines Schwagers den HX3 in eine alte Crumar T2 eingebaut und bin total begeistert. Allerdings gibt es zwei Probleme:
1. die Steuerung des Lelslie-Volumes (PL9/11) will einfach nicht gelingen. Alles was uns an möglichen Fehlerquellen einfiel haben wir schon -erfolglos- getestet: anderes Poti, neues Flachbandkabel. Steuere ich die Funktion per MIDI an, sind Änderungen möglich.

2. Split Bass to B(H)2 funktioniert ebenfalls nicht. Die Betätigung dieser Funktion führt zum "Absturz" des HX3..

Woran könnte das jeweils liegen?

Grüße und noch die besten Wünsche für 2013
Tommy
1. Evt. den "NO MPX" Jumper gesteckt? Der ist nur zum Test der Platine bei der Fertigung gedacht.

2. Eine Macke der ersten Firmware-Version. Update hilft, evt. einsenden (Rückporto nicht vergessen).
ratpackryan

when I turn on the C/V switch for either manual the opposite manual increases in volume. how can I fix this?
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi
I think You only mean increasing loudness in the oppisite manual.
In a normal Hammond organ the loudness of the C/V Channel decreases a little when C/V switched ON for a manual.
The same effekt You have in the HX 3 because it´s realized from the original.
happyfreddy
ratpackryan

I know the manual that the c/v is turned on to is supposed to decrease in volume which does happen so relatively the other should be louder. but when I turn the c/v switch on, if i'm holding a note or chord on the opposite manual it definitely increases in volume. it especially happens if i'm using the 1' drawbar on that manual. it's as if the amplitude of the 1' drawbar doubles. this only started happening after I did the firmware update a few weeks ago
happyfreddy

Beitrag von happyfreddy »

hi
I will discuss these problem with Carsten the other day , be shure getting an answer imediatly
happyfreddy
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

ratpackryan hat geschrieben:I know the manual that the c/v is turned on to is supposed to decrease in volume which does happen so relatively the other should be louder. but when I turn the c/v switch on, if i'm holding a note or chord on the opposite manual it definitely increases in volume. it especially happens if i'm using the 1' drawbar on that manual. it's as if the amplitude of the 1' drawbar doubles. this only started happening after I did the firmware update a few weeks ago
Ryan,

due to hardware restrictions (common "amp" for vibrato and non-vibrato channel) there might be a slight increase in treble on the opposite manual when turning vib/chhorus ON. It should be barely noticeable (as on B3 when turning vib/ch ON), but no strong increase in overall volume. If so, please check if you used the latest EEPROM file associated with the HEX firmware file when updating.

The "common amp" problem will be fixed in a future version which has no Leslie simulation (due to space restictions in FPGA).
Site Admin

Beitrag von Guest »

Since you mention the space restrictions on the FGPA: Is there a chance that there will be a future version with a larger FPGA, perhabs then also with stereo Leslie sim?
bovist
Site Admin

Beitrag von bovist »

Guest hat geschrieben:Since you mention the space restrictions on the FGPA: Is there a chance that there will be a future version with a larger FPGA, perhabs then also with stereo Leslie sim?
Well, the Xilinx XC3S700A will fit a HX3 either with dual channel AO28 preamp without leslie (I'm working on that) or a somewhat simplified one channel amp with leslie sim (current implementation). Next larger FPGA is the XC3S1400A, nearly twice the size (and price). It is pin compatible to the 700A. If I happen to get a few, I'll give it a try.

Anyway, I'm a little scared of the synthesis ("compile") time the Xilinx development system needs. My quad core PC works 15 minutes on a single HX3 implementation run on XC3S700A. This makes my favorite trial & error programming style a nightmare (finding the "right sound" takes a lot of trial & error cycles). Nasty if you forgot one flipflop clock signal connection and you notice that a mere 30 mins later on a 1400A synthesis run.
Organuts

Beitrag von Organuts »

Hallo allenthalben,

in den letzten Wochen musste mein HX3 / Korg BX3 Projekt aus beruflichen und privaten Gründen etwas pausieren. Bevor ich mich an das Layout des Bedienpanels mache, habe ich ein paar Fragen bzgl. notwendiger Potis und Schalter.

Folgende Bedienelemente habe ich geplant:

2 x Zugriegelsatz
1 x Panel16 (2x8 Presets Variante)
4 Wippschalter Percusssion
2 Wippschalter C/V
6-fach Drehschalter C/V Intensität
2 Mini Kippschalter Reverb
1 Mini Kippschalter Bass to Split
3 Potis als Ersatz für Basszugriegel
1 Poti Tone

Vielleicht ist es eine blöde Frage aber liege ich mit diesem Bedienkonzept richtig oder habe ich eine wichtige Funktion übersehen? Für kompetentes Feedback wäre ich dankbar.

Grüsse
Thomas
Antworten