Extreme distortion

Rund um die "Clonewheels" HX3.1 bis HX3.4 (mk4) und HOAX 2

Moderator: happyfreddy

PortlandMike
Extreme distortion

Beitrag von PortlandMike »

I just tried updating my AVR firmware and FGPA to the latest (shows up as 3.807 and 25042015). Now I get extreme distortion and crackling no matter what settings I put the organ on (amp level, audio output settings, etc), and even if I revert back to an older firmware/ FGPA configurations. When I pull out all drawbars I get white noise. Has anyone experienced this, or knows what could be wrong?
hirnstein
Re: Extreme distortion

Beitrag von hirnstein »

If ifrmware and FPGA version show up correctly in HX3 Remote "Board Info" and green "LEDs" are on, everything should be OK.

Which board version (3.2 = mk2, 3.3=mk3) are you using? Which scan board? Expander or plain HX3 board?

Pls check the following:

- set checkboxes in Finalize Settings according to your installation
- Hit the Finalize button after all updates and adjustments have been made
- Did you accidentaly enabled a wrong Scan Board in Finalize Settings, so all notes would sound the same time? Try with "MIDI IN" Scan Board setting to check.
- updated the Reverb DSP with anything else than dsp_rev.bin in Advanced page (should not happen, either)
- uploaded appropriate mk2 or mk3 firmware. mk2 may not work on mk3 boards, xxx_std may not work on MIDI expanders.

If nothing else helps, Keyboardpartner can update and check your board for for 10 EUR (add postage/shipping cost).
PortlandMike
Re: Extreme distortion

Beitrag von PortlandMike »

Thank you for your reply. I got it working again. I foolishly had forgotten to update the FTDI drivers, and also to use the newest version of HX3 remote, which allowed me to "Finalize Settings." It all seems to be working fine now- no more extreme distortion. One thing I am noticing, compared to a previous version I had updated at some point in March, is that there seems to be more amp distortion in general at lower amp volume levels than before. However, this might be realistic. I've only played through a real Leslie 122 on a couple of occasions.
Antworten